Many Healthcare workers and other frontline workers from nurses to nurse assistants to firefighters are hesitant or don’t plan to get the covid vaccine. Checkout some of these articles below.
- “Nearly 72% of certified nursing assistants say they don’t want to be vaccinated, a recent survey found….Zenobia Carden is a 35-year-old certified nursing assistant who worked in a nursing home earlier this year and is about to start a new job at a residence for people with developmental disabilities. She said she has seen firsthand the impact of the coronavirus, which killed several residents of the facility where she used to work. She debated what to do, but ultimately decided that getting the vaccine still felt too risky to her.” Nursing Homes Grapple With Staff Hesitant to Get the Covid-19 Vaccine
- “More than three weeks into the campaign, some places are seeing as much as 80% of the staff holding back….The discrepancy was worst at the veterans home in Manteno, where 90% of residents were vaccinated but only 18% of the staff members.” Vaccine rollout hits snag as health workers balk at shots
- “But while they have priority around the country, not every eligible health care worker actually wants to get the vaccine. A recent survey by Kaiser Family Foundation found that nearly a third probably or definitely would refuse vaccination.” Some Health Care Workers Are Hesitant About Getting COVID-19 Vaccines
- “They are frontline workers with top-priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine, but they are refusing to take it. At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered.” Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access
- “About 50 percent of workers in California’s Riverside County have refused to take the vaccine, along with 60 percent of nursing home staff in Ohio.” Many front-line workers refuse Covid vaccines as distribution rollout struggles
- Roughly 55 percent of surveyed FDNY firefighters said they won’t get the coronavirus vaccine, their union president said Sunday. More Than Half of FDNY Firefighters Won’t Get Vaccinated, Union Poll Suggests
- “Despite the Covid-19 death count in the United States rapidly accelerating, a startlingly high percentage of health care professionals and frontline workers throughout the country—who have been prioritized as early receipts of the coronavirus vaccine—are reportedly hesitant or outright refusing to take it, despite clear scientific evidence that the vaccines are safe and effective.” Large Numbers Of Health Care And Frontline Workers Are Refusing Covid-19 Vaccine